I have a very strange thing going on at work, actually it isn't work from my current position, but from a job I had over three years ago. I have been working with a very big name in my area of research to publish this article and get it into a big name journal. You know, one of those that only 10 people read and then it gets put on a shelf for ever. Well, we started this study over three years ago. I decided it was time for me to move on, but I wanted to keep working on the manuscript with these researchers. So, I decided it was in my best interests to continue to do the statistics for the project and contribute to the writing. Remember this was three years ago....I went on to do a postdoc at a very "exclusive" University and this project followed me. I thought it would be done right away. But, like everything else, it has dragged on. Initially we thought it would be a cake walk into a publication because it was going to be considered a "special section" therefore it didn't need to go through the normal peer review process. Well, they nixed the "special section" and rejected it outright and made us resubmit as a normal peer reviewed manuscript. Well, we waited yet another 4 months to get a response and it was rejected again, but they asked if we could resubmit. So, we make the changes they wanted, and we resubmitted. Well, then the fools had other people review the paper and now they want more changes. The reviews are brutal, I mean really, it is getting out of hand. What the fuck! What do these people want, either accept it or let us go somewhere else and publish this. We are now going to resubmit it to the same journal now a fourth time (I think it is the fourth time). They better accept it. We have had to do all these new statistics (Heirarchical Linear Modeling, SEM modeling, etc..). All a big waste of time for a relatively simple idea. I think these researchers have their heads up their ass. What do they think this is? Rocket Science? Actually, it could be --if they would strap the manuscript onto a rocket and ignite it and send it up, it would qualify for rocket science, so I take that back. What the fuck........This is such a hazing process....My wife and I joke about how everyone wants to be a "big, big, SUPERSTAR". Of what? They all act like what they do actually matters. NEWS FLASH!!!! NOPE. But at least it looks good. Like they say "fake it till you make it"--well then there are alot of people faking it and hoping on a star to make it. I love how people create their own little worlds off influence so they can feel real important and big. I guess that is to give their life meaning, purpose and acceptance. Kind of a shallow way to do it, but if it works for them, OK. Later......
Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...
Comments