
I was watching the news and Brian Williams was interviewing George Bush while in New Orleans to "celebrate" the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
They then pan a shot of the entire area, some new houses are being built, but most of it is just rubble and utter distruction. The story is one we have all heard: one year later and most people haven't moved back to New Orleans, the rebuilding efforts are being held up by crooked insurance companies, government bureaucracy, and an apathetic America divided about what to do about the increasing divide between the social classes.
In the midst of all this chaos and distruction, hard hitting Brain Williams decides to ask George Bush, "So, what are you reading these days?" HUH? What the f*&%! Then, in clear view of all these ruined lives, the President goes on about how his mother suggested he read French Philosophy and that he has recently finished reading some volumes of Shakespear. Well, give the man a hand! Good for you, now get to work, you moron! Why don't you take a hammar and start working on one of the million or so homes that needs to be rebuilt.. Oh, yeah. I wouldn't want to interupt your stimulating reading of French Philosophy. I tell you, this world makes no sense. How insensitive. This is the kind of hard hitting journalism this country needs. I hope it was worth the pot shot! Brilliant reporting Williams! Bravo.
Comments