Skip to main content

Sunday, Sunday....

Well, it's Sunday and I am all alone in my apartment. My wife is away, so I have been doing work this weekend. Finished up some important paperwork for the last place I worked. I am glad to get that off my plate. Back to work tomorrow. Things have slowed considerably at work. I am addicted to SIMCITY. Strange, I know, but I love creating things, especially cities and urban planning stuff. Should have been an architect or urban planner. I guess it is never too late, but I have invested too much time in my current career to call it quits-at least not yet.

Not much to report today. Went to church. I am not a big church goer. Never have been. But occassionally I will go because I feel the need to. Sometimes I feel it is grounding. Strange thing is, I'm not baptised, but that doesn't stop me. You know, its not like everyone goes around asking if I dunked my head in water when I was a baby. My parents are NOT RELIGOUS at all. Typical secular types, and very suspicous of any religion. So that is kind of how I grew up. Yet, because I tend to rebel, I go. I used to go to a church in Hawaii that I really liked. It was contemporary, but it wasn't full of bible bangers. So I felt like I could fit in. That is the problem I have with going to church. Sometimes I start talking to people and they are hollier (sp) than thou, and it annoys me. I admire people who can have spirituality but not have to show it off like it is some kind of trophy or something. At any rate the service was okay. He talked about being a good christian and what that means. Since I am not really Christian--I am not a good christian. The church I have gone to a couple of times is enormous...and they are 60 million in debt. Yep, I didn't mistype that, 60 million... The praying isn't working people......keep it up.... You can tell the people there are very nice. It is a very WASPie kind of place, and everyone has children. I don't have kids either, so another miss. Although I am not against kids, I actually like them, so it doesn't bother me. I get the sense that church is definitely a family event. Most singles or people without the kids need not apply. Other than that I went for a run. I need to keep that up, because I used to be able to run at least 7 miles a day. Now I am down to thirty minutes. Pretty pathetic, but I am working on improving that. Anyway...I'm signing off for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmmm...

Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...

Update

Wow, has it been a long time since I wrote on this blog. I will write more often. Well, much has happened since the last time I wrote. Since that was years ago. Been very busy with life, etc... Osama Bin Laden was killed this past week. I am not happy that anyone ever is killed. I am a pacifist, so it goes against my beliefs. When Sept. 11th happened I have to say I wasn't surprised. I wondered if we would be attacked like that at some point. As a country we have exploited poorer, less developed countries for soo long, it was just a matter of time. I believe if it wasn't Bin Laden it would have been someone else eventually. I am not saying I believe what he did is right, I don't. What he did was cowardly and inexcusable, but not surprising. I was actually amazed by the surprise of people by the whole incident. The United States has learned alot from that experience. 1) We are not isolated in this world; 2) There are consequences for exploiting others; 3) The wo...