My Boss is this old lady who is clueless. I mean really clueless. Sometimes I wonder if she is on the same planet. She always has to re-explain herself. Her sentences always start with "what I mean is....." Not that she is stupid, because she isn't. She actually will say halfway intelligent things, occassionally. But otherwise it is a garbeled (sp) mess. I can't take any direction from her and she can't mentor me because I know more than her--and she knows it. Sometimes that is a dangerous place to be. If I wanted to stay here, I would be worried, but because I could care a less, I don't. She is really nice to me and so it is hard for me to be angry, but she screws things up. She just got back from sick leave, where she was gone for 7 weeks. She left this project incomplete and it was due. It turned out that it was completely done wrong. She didn't import the data correctly, didn't interpret the data correctly. She didn't do shit right. Not surprising, but god, it made for soo much extra work. Months worth...I'm not shitting. She is a screwball of the biggest order. Because I work in government, screwballs are rewarded by promotions, so maybe she will be the department head someday..Maybe she will be a governor appointed director. I doubt that, cause she's ugly, fat, and she doesn't care. One thing about the top people in Government, they likely don't know very much, but they typically "look official", meaning they are good looking and look like they know what they are talking about. The higher-ups have to support an image to the public that wise, good looking people are at the helm. Therefore, ugly fuckups needn't apply. I know that sounds terrible, but unfortunately it isn't too far off. They don't have to be drop dead beautiful, it isn't a modeling competition, but they have to be presentable to the public. You have to have the right credentials, family life, looks for the job. Therefore she will not go any further than she already is (I may swallow my words on this one)..... At any rate, welcome back boss.
Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...
Comments