I can't believe how stupid people are here at work. I work for the government, so needless to say it goes with the territory. Many of the people I work with and for have been at this way too long and need to retire. They're good people, don't get me wrong, but some of their tyraids are a bit much. They complain, complain, complain and their work isn't even good. In fact, it sucks. It sucks so bad that it is embarrassing. They can't even count! I mean it-no joke. These people have trouble summing columns. I can't make this stuff up. Then they get all caught up in their supposed expert knowledge of "MS WORD, EXCEL, etc.." When in reality, it turns out they don't know that either...... The best part is that they blame their stupidity on IS (the computer folks)....huh? Your poor performance is because your computer is working slowly....come on....how stupid do you think we are? Who are you fooling? I am embarrased to say this, but some of these people have Ph.D.'s....all of them have graduate degrees. It truly is Piled Higher and Deeper. Their writing sucks, their analysis is wrong, and some can't put two thoughts together to make a coherent statement. I can't believe they get paid for this crap. Truly shocking. I believe it is a true case of the Peter Principle. These people needed to stop long ago at something they were good at. They aren't good at this. Some don't even have background in research. They just got the job....What is that about....did someone like them and so they got a job!
At any rate I am stuck here for the next year until I can apply for other positions in academia or something else. I actually like the job, it is interesting, in my area, and I get paid decently. But, the incompetence of others is sometimes hard for me to handle. I know I sound like a total heartless jerk, but it affects me. I have a right to my opinion. I didn't say they weren't nice...they are. They are much nicer than academics who are nacissitic and entitled. And some of their work may actually mean something...if it was done right. At any rate, I love this ranting........
At any rate I am stuck here for the next year until I can apply for other positions in academia or something else. I actually like the job, it is interesting, in my area, and I get paid decently. But, the incompetence of others is sometimes hard for me to handle. I know I sound like a total heartless jerk, but it affects me. I have a right to my opinion. I didn't say they weren't nice...they are. They are much nicer than academics who are nacissitic and entitled. And some of their work may actually mean something...if it was done right. At any rate, I love this ranting........
Comments