Skip to main content

manuscript

For some reason I can't get this manuscript re-worked for publication. I want to get it out so I have some example of my work for public consumption, but for some reason I haven't been able to do it.

When it was first rejected, the rejection was pretty harsh. No one seemed to like it. Therefore I thought it wasn't a good study and that I should just trash it. Many people have read it and think it is good. It must be me. I need to learn to take critism much better. I thought i was okay with critism, but maybe I am not. I think that that critism was particularly hard to take because it was my own original idea, my work entirely, and it was critically appraised. Not sure how to cope with it I guess. I better learn to get over things. It is going to continue to be a sore spot for me and prevent me from going forward in my career and in my life. What are some ways I can deal with this? I can't forget what they say--for the most part they are right. I also have to remember that it is just the opinion of three people, and not that of everyone. I do have something to offer and it should be published. It may take some time, but in the end it will be worth it and it will be published. Who knows, maybe in the next submission, it will get accepted. I guess I will never know unless I try. Maybe I have some deep seated insecurities about rejection and failure. I wouldn't argue that. Rejection hurts, but it isn't the end of the world. People are rejected all the time. It is how you handle the rejection that makes the person. Failure is the life-blood of humanity. It is what drives us and it should drive me....why isn't it. Because it is scary. It is scary to fail and fail again. It might just confirm your worst fear that you are worthless or not worthy of attention. But, on the other hand it might just be a moment in time to reflect and move forward, to strive to make yourself and your work better. It doesn't have to be 'the end' of your professional career. And it especially doesn't have to be a reflection of your person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmmm...

Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...

Update

Wow, has it been a long time since I wrote on this blog. I will write more often. Well, much has happened since the last time I wrote. Since that was years ago. Been very busy with life, etc... Osama Bin Laden was killed this past week. I am not happy that anyone ever is killed. I am a pacifist, so it goes against my beliefs. When Sept. 11th happened I have to say I wasn't surprised. I wondered if we would be attacked like that at some point. As a country we have exploited poorer, less developed countries for soo long, it was just a matter of time. I believe if it wasn't Bin Laden it would have been someone else eventually. I am not saying I believe what he did is right, I don't. What he did was cowardly and inexcusable, but not surprising. I was actually amazed by the surprise of people by the whole incident. The United States has learned alot from that experience. 1) We are not isolated in this world; 2) There are consequences for exploiting others; 3) The wo...