Skip to main content

hmmm....the middle east

I just don't get it. Well, I guess I kind of do, but why? The United States spends billions on the middle east in terms of military aid to Israel and other independent states, e.g., Egypt. Additionally, the US has military bases in the region that cost, what, let's say a conservative 50 billion a year--to protect "our intersts" in the region. Why are we giving money to these individual countries that are full of neo-facists. This is way past the point of disgusting. While I understand that we have interests in the region due to our addiction to oil, my thought is that these countries would still be dependent on our willingness to buy the oil--even without the constant military pressure... I mean really, look at the place, it is a barren dessert that can't even grow its own food! What else do they have going for themselves--certainly not their education system, or their wonderful record of equal treatment of all persons regardless of their gender or religion! Oh yeah, it must be the wonderful weather, if I wanted that weather, I would move to Death Valley (ever wonder why they call it that...no one lives there because you can't!! It's uninhabitable). Oh, it must be there great fashion sense. I always wanted to walk around in MuuMuu's all day. Wow, what a place to live!

Sounds like we should pump money in to them, esp. since everything here in the U.S. is sooo wonderful. We do such a great job of taking care of our own. I mean is social security going to be around in 30 years? Where did that debate go? Don't we have urban decay that makes developing countries look like the Garden of Eden? Our country has more murder in a year than most wars produce in a year. What is wrong with this picture.

Get a grip people, I like my car as much as the next guy, but we need some rational thought here....Let them start to deal with their own problems, get out of that region militarily, and for god sake...don't give them any advise...they don't need it, nor do they want it.....obviously.....These are dictators for goodness sake, not democracy's. Your not dealing with people who care about their citizens...they don't..if they did, they would ask their residents what they should do through voting--they don't, because most don't vote. At least not legitimately. So, why in the world are we going to give these ruthless, neo-facist fanatics any advice...Just buy their oil and let them implode.....well, actually they seem to do a good job of that.

want to sell us this black gold if we didn't support their disgusting ethnic cleansing campaigns against each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmmm...

Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...

Update

Wow, has it been a long time since I wrote on this blog. I will write more often. Well, much has happened since the last time I wrote. Since that was years ago. Been very busy with life, etc... Osama Bin Laden was killed this past week. I am not happy that anyone ever is killed. I am a pacifist, so it goes against my beliefs. When Sept. 11th happened I have to say I wasn't surprised. I wondered if we would be attacked like that at some point. As a country we have exploited poorer, less developed countries for soo long, it was just a matter of time. I believe if it wasn't Bin Laden it would have been someone else eventually. I am not saying I believe what he did is right, I don't. What he did was cowardly and inexcusable, but not surprising. I was actually amazed by the surprise of people by the whole incident. The United States has learned alot from that experience. 1) We are not isolated in this world; 2) There are consequences for exploiting others; 3) The wo...