Well, thought I would write. I won't write too much, because it is late. Recently been thinking about buying a house. Actually, a duplex with my wife. We have been going round and round. Sometimes I'm excited, sometimes I'm not and she is. Not sure what will come of all of this. I want to make sure that the job is okay first and that I want to live here. I like it here actualy. I am kind of surprised, never thought a place like Ohio would be nice. Lived alot of places, and this one is a pretty nice one. Columbus has alot to offer. I am not sure that I would want to live here forever thought. But that shouldn't deter me from buying a house. I don't really want to rent anymore. It is waste of my money. If I were to buy a duplex the mortgage could be paid for me. And this is a college town. With OSU we could get it rented without a problem. The place we were looking at is still for sale and they went down on the price. It is still way to expensive. My wife wants to build a garage, but I don't think we can sink that kind of money into a 100 year old house and turn a profit. The housing market is really starting to take a dive. I guess it is my fear about taking a risk with my money. What if it doesn't work? What if I go broke? What could be the worst thing that could happen? Well, maybe it wouldn't rent and we would be stuck paying the mortgage payment. That would suck and it would put us in financial jeopardy. Her parents are naturally against it. But, they are very pessimistic people and I don't hold much weight to their comments. Afterall they have been renting out units and buying rentals for 30 years and they are saying don't do it? That is hypicritical. I agree that the place needs a good look over by an inspector and see if it is worth buying. Also, we should look at other properties to compare. After only seeing one, I think it is a bit premature to be making big decisions. This house is 179,000. Not chump change. Even if we buy a single house now, it doesn't mean we couldn't buy a duplex in the future. Uggh...so much to think about. This is my first big investment and I want to do it right, but you never know until you try. There are no easy life lessons. This may be a life lesson, but we may make some money and that would be great for us. Later......
Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...
Comments