Well, I haven't really written anything in a while, actually since my mother's passing. Life has been stressful...and I want it to end. Not my life, just the stress. My work is experiencing widespread layoffs. Actually not that widespread. 15 people are being laid off and because it is the goverment, they have bumping rights. So, I am the lowest man on the totem pole, so I may be bumped. I am pretty pissed because I have worked real hard on some of my research projects and now someone else may get to do them, even though they didn't even come up with the ideas, the concepts, nothing. They may even be able to publish off of them! That is really pissing me off. Not that loosing my job is bad enough, but then having someone just take my ideas and act as though they are theirs...that is the worst part. I am not really sure any of this will happen. I really hope not. I pray that it will all be okay...and that they will take the lay off themselves and not bump another person's job, esp. since it involves someones project. I moved here for this, I have no other reason to be here but for this project....This is causing me a great deal of stress. And, I was given the opportunity to interview at Columbia for a research position there, my wife doesn't want to move to New York City. So, I may be stuck on unemployment for a year. I am kind of mad at my wife, but I should have known, she has never moved and I have had to move closer to her family each time we move. She says she will move, but when push comes to shove, she never does. I know it is just one job interview, not even with an offer, but they probably would offer me the job....it is a really nice move....a big pay raise too...even for NYC...I don't really want to move because I bought this house, I am in the middle of my evaluation research project....it is all very inconvienent and it sucks. Why is life so hard suddenly. I just don't get it. What have I done....I know it doesn't matter, but it sucks.
Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...
Comments