Hey there-
Been awhile since I wrote (I think September). Been pretty busy. Just got back from a business trip to D.C. That was nice and kind of energizing. Lost around 15 pounds, bought a dog, have published a co-authored paper, and took a little 4 day weekend to West Virginia with my wife. Things have been going pretty well. My wife and I have been really starting to work on our relationship. I realized for the first time that I wasn't completely responsible for all of our troubles. She has contributed as well and we both share the blame. It came to a head last night when I wrote her a check for the cost of the rent for the entire lease and said that that should be fair because she isn't there that often (9-12 days a month). She got offended and that led into a very big discussion, not an argument, but a discussion. For the first time, we seriously contemplated separating. I was able to talk openly about how it made me feel when she would put me down. I then said that maybe we had come to a crossroads and that we should go our separate ways. We then talked about how we could save our marriage. It was the most candid conversation I think we have ever had. We both didn't want our marriage to end, and we are truly dedicated to giving it our all. I have been so depressed that I haven't given the relationship the shot in the arm that it needed. I think this is progress.....
Been awhile since I wrote (I think September). Been pretty busy. Just got back from a business trip to D.C. That was nice and kind of energizing. Lost around 15 pounds, bought a dog, have published a co-authored paper, and took a little 4 day weekend to West Virginia with my wife. Things have been going pretty well. My wife and I have been really starting to work on our relationship. I realized for the first time that I wasn't completely responsible for all of our troubles. She has contributed as well and we both share the blame. It came to a head last night when I wrote her a check for the cost of the rent for the entire lease and said that that should be fair because she isn't there that often (9-12 days a month). She got offended and that led into a very big discussion, not an argument, but a discussion. For the first time, we seriously contemplated separating. I was able to talk openly about how it made me feel when she would put me down. I then said that maybe we had come to a crossroads and that we should go our separate ways. We then talked about how we could save our marriage. It was the most candid conversation I think we have ever had. We both didn't want our marriage to end, and we are truly dedicated to giving it our all. I have been so depressed that I haven't given the relationship the shot in the arm that it needed. I think this is progress.....
Comments