Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....This got me thinking, I need to reconnect with society a little bit more. I do need to start watching the news more. I just get so damn tired of hearing about misery. People, the world isn't a friendly place, but come on. Everyone isn't a Hitler.
I did hear about the UN in the past couple of days and all of the posturing against the U.S. Personally, I found it funny. While I don't like alot of what the U.S. does overseas, you have to hand it to a country that lets facist rulers come to their country, call the host country evil, the devil, and everything in between, and then break bread with them at night...America is one of the few places that would be allowed. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. Many countries could learn a thing or two about it. Wow, check me out on my "love the U.S." kick.
Let's see what else, I have been running more recently. I have run for three days in a row. I am pretty proud of it. Trying to get more active, trying to loose 10 pounds. I have also started cooking more of my food, instead of going out and buying it already made. Hopefully that will make a difference.
My office mate, who I have always thought was depressed, revealed, what else--that she is depressed. I told her about a month ago that she should get her money in order and pay her bills. The credit card people have even called the office. I told her that she was only hurting herself by not even paying the minimum balance. So, she came in the other day and told me that she finally got her credit cards squared and is working on getting her mail done. She then told me that she had 6 months of mail piled up in her apartment and that she hadn't gone through any of it. Then she also told me that she had 60 messages on her answering machine that she had not even listened to. It is funny, just when you think you've got it bad...You don't realize how good you are.....
I took my wife out for a birthday weekend this past weekend. I paid for a day at the spa, we stayed at the Westin overnight, got her a dozen roses, took her out to supposedly the best restaurant in town, and then took her to the symphony. It was a great night and she really appreciated it. I felt like I needed to do something special for her because she puts up with me and has made such an effort to make our marriage work. I am really lucky to have her in my life. I really feel blessed.
I did hear about the UN in the past couple of days and all of the posturing against the U.S. Personally, I found it funny. While I don't like alot of what the U.S. does overseas, you have to hand it to a country that lets facist rulers come to their country, call the host country evil, the devil, and everything in between, and then break bread with them at night...America is one of the few places that would be allowed. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. Many countries could learn a thing or two about it. Wow, check me out on my "love the U.S." kick.
Let's see what else, I have been running more recently. I have run for three days in a row. I am pretty proud of it. Trying to get more active, trying to loose 10 pounds. I have also started cooking more of my food, instead of going out and buying it already made. Hopefully that will make a difference.
My office mate, who I have always thought was depressed, revealed, what else--that she is depressed. I told her about a month ago that she should get her money in order and pay her bills. The credit card people have even called the office. I told her that she was only hurting herself by not even paying the minimum balance. So, she came in the other day and told me that she finally got her credit cards squared and is working on getting her mail done. She then told me that she had 6 months of mail piled up in her apartment and that she hadn't gone through any of it. Then she also told me that she had 60 messages on her answering machine that she had not even listened to. It is funny, just when you think you've got it bad...You don't realize how good you are.....
I took my wife out for a birthday weekend this past weekend. I paid for a day at the spa, we stayed at the Westin overnight, got her a dozen roses, took her out to supposedly the best restaurant in town, and then took her to the symphony. It was a great night and she really appreciated it. I felt like I needed to do something special for her because she puts up with me and has made such an effort to make our marriage work. I am really lucky to have her in my life. I really feel blessed.
Comments