Skip to main content

The New Prez....

I voted for Obama and am truly happy he won. I think we need a different party in office right now and for the foreseeable future. That said, I don't buy that the two parties, republicans or democrats, are really all that different when you strip them down to their human elements. Both parties want to have power...and human beings should ALWAYS be weary of power thirsty people or groups, regardless of their good intentions. Someone always loses out in the deal. This country has been in for this struggle for some time now. My feeling is that Americans, myself included, have been very greedy at the expense of others for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, America does a lot of wonderful things for other countries and for causes that advance human rights and dignity, but with strings attached. I believe it is our countries responsibility as a member of the human race, after all we have more money than any other country on the planet. We mustn't forget the old adage 'you never get something for nothing'. It stands very true right now. We have taken 25% of the world's resources, have amassed 75% of the world's wealth, use debt as a mechanism to finance our incredible wealth. Our promotion of a capitalist society has unfortunately become void of basic human morals and values that have been handed down thru the generations. What's worse is that we have traded these morals and values for 'things' and a new "it's all about me" value system. Not a stupid thing to do, especially if you are a fatalist, but this won't last forever. All good things must come to an end. America cannot take from others, including the earth, forever. No one politician, even with good rhetoric is going to be able to change these fundamental problems in our society. American's and other westerners (as Europeans cry about it to appear morally superior, but stand idly by because they are benefactors)need to really examine their motives and think about what is important in life, especially given how precious it is and how short our time is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmmm...

Well, it's been a bit since I wrote. So, I thought I would. I don't really pay that much attention to the news--it depresses me and I feel it is sensationalistic. It purposely focuses on all of the bad in humanity and seldom, especially now-a-days focuses on what is good in humanity. I guess it is all about ratings. I have been so out of the loop that even my wife knew something that I didn't. I didn't know that there was a recall on all the spinach in the U.S. I was at Wal-Mart (yes, that is another discussion altogether) and I was buying food. I was going to buy one of those bags of spinach. I don't know what brought me to want that, I usually buy it fresh, but anyway...I went up the counter and they said I couldn't buy it. I kept thinking....what am I going to snort this shit or what. It's spinach, let me buy it! Then my wife said, you didn't hear about the spinach recall? And I said "what spinach recall". Then she told me....T...

Update

Wow, has it been a long time since I wrote on this blog. I will write more often. Well, much has happened since the last time I wrote. Since that was years ago. Been very busy with life, etc... Osama Bin Laden was killed this past week. I am not happy that anyone ever is killed. I am a pacifist, so it goes against my beliefs. When Sept. 11th happened I have to say I wasn't surprised. I wondered if we would be attacked like that at some point. As a country we have exploited poorer, less developed countries for soo long, it was just a matter of time. I believe if it wasn't Bin Laden it would have been someone else eventually. I am not saying I believe what he did is right, I don't. What he did was cowardly and inexcusable, but not surprising. I was actually amazed by the surprise of people by the whole incident. The United States has learned alot from that experience. 1) We are not isolated in this world; 2) There are consequences for exploiting others; 3) The wo...